Meet the historic Southern Market Center.
The landmark Southern Market Center was built in 1888. Just a block south of the center of the city, the sprawling 38,500-square-foot building was designed by renowned Lancaster architect C. Emlen Urban & was long used as a farmers market until its close in 1986 when it was converted to house the Lancaster City Council Chambers as well as the Lancaster Chamber of Commerce. Currently, the Southern Market Center is home to ASSETS where a number of its programs & workshops for small businesses – including Cultivate Lancaster! – are routinely held.
Limited street parking is available on Vine & Queen streets. Additional parking is available in the LNP lot at 17 W Vine St, as well as in the Central Garage.